‘The bourgeoisie won’t go without violent means’

And Ghandi is a tumor:

Occupy L.A. Speaker: “One of the speakers said the solution is nonviolent movement. No, my friend. I’ll give you two examples: French Revolution, and Indian so-called Revolution.

Gandhi, Gandhi today is, with respect to all of you, Gandhi today is a tumor that the ruling class is using constantly to mislead us. French Revolution made fundamental transformation. But it was bloody.

India, the result of Gandhi, is 600 million people living in maximum poverty.

So, ultimately, the bourgeoisie won’t go without violent means. Revolution! Yes, revolution that is led by the working class.

Long live revolution! Long live socialism!”

Crowd: [Cheers.]

Once the last hopes for student loan forgiveness wear off, the kids will eventually get bored and go back to their lives. Guys like this idiot, of course, only have a life where they stand around and talk about socialist revolution. Must be a sad way to live.

Comments

• Matthew Jacobs says:

I appears he would prefer to be up to his chin in blood like in the Chinese Revolution under Mao

• Nadnerbus says:

He and Rage Against the Machine have been at it for a while. They don’t seem to be getting anywhere.

When “they” finally succeed in wiping out any chance of a middle class in this country, then you might actually see some political violence on a large scale. Until then, get used to the apathy. Turns out people would rather collect a welfare check and live in relative comfort than fight a bloody revolution.

• Delphi says:

He is plain stupid, and this is said by someone that enjoyed almost 30 years the pleasures of the socialism. Somehow, he wants the other to work hard for him to get big revenue, because he is to dumb and lazy to do anything with his life. My sincere advice for the guy: “Emigrate to North Vietnam!”

• Blacktail says:

I want to see them try it — they’ll get their clocks cleaned.

Those buffoons copped a bad batch of nose candy.

Makes ‘em angry and violent.

The only answer is to swap out the coke supply with a ton of sacharin laced with a couple of ounces of ricin.

• Bram says:

Ghandi never impressed me either. Non-violence only works against people who are squeamish. If the Japanese or Germans had occupied India at the end of WWII, Ghandi would be filling an unmarked grave along with a lot of his followers.

I too, would love see them try a violent socialist revolution. It would be a good housecleaning and Constitutional restoration exercise.

Eh well the French Revolution served as a career springboard for a young officer named Bonaparte.

I think I read somewhere him establishing an empire and conquering most of Europe…? In the name of liberte, equalite, and fraternite of course.

And not for nothing but the Revolution also created mass conscription (levee en masse) which I expect the Occupy LA speaker would oppose.

Eh unless it was for liberty. Or something.

• Formerly known as Skeptic says:

As someone posted on another thread, perhaps this young revolutionary should google what happened to Robespierre. Things ended up so well for him.