- First Advanced Bombers Delivered to Russian Air Force
The Su-34, codenamed “Fullback”, is a fighter-bomber development of the excellent Su-27 fighter. The Russians plan to purchase a total of 58 of them.
- That Wacky Sunday Times of London
Aceh – Women and the Tsunami
Tsunami and Sharia
Chuck Simmins, he of the Stingy List, discusses the recent reports that tsunami aid money is helping “Islamic vigilante force impose punishments on women”.
- The Military Transition Teams and the Development Iraqi Army
Bill Roggio, currently in Iraq, on the Marines of the 3rd Recon Military Transition Team.
- “Going Big” in Iraq is last chance
I guess I’d put it “best chance” rather than “last chance”, but Donald Sensing makes a lot of, um, sense. Though I don’t think “going big” needs to be at the expense of training up the Iraqis. No matter what we do or don’t do in the next few years, it’s all going to come down to whether or not the Iraqis can control their own country.
- Top 13 Worst Slogan Translations Ever
Coors put its slogan, “Turn It Loose,” into Spanish, where it was read as “Suffer From Diarrhea.”…Ahh, truth in advertising!
- Would anyone mind if I toss random pics into Linkzookery if I get the urge? Let me know if you don’t like pictures.
The wreckage of a bridge and North Korean Communist tank south of Suwon, Korea. The tank was caught on a bridge and put out of action by the Air Force. October 7, 1950.