- The Coast Guard has cancelled its plans for firing ranges on the Great Lakes. For now.
I noted the plans last month. More info at MichiBlogger.
- Boeing starts tests to integrate Small Diameter Bomb on F-22, F-16 jet fighter-bombers
Currently, only the F-15E can use the 250-pound GPS-guided GBU-39.
- New Wars’ MiLinks
As usual, lots of good stuff.
- Gadsden and Culpeper: The Official Don’t Tread On Me Outfitter
Looking for some last-minute stocking stuffers? DTOM gear is always popular!
- The One Week Short of a Year Carnival of Homeschooling
This week at Principled Discovery.
- Warriors for Hire: Blackwater USA and the rise of private military contractors
The Pentagon reports that about 100,000 private military and security contractors are currently in Iraq. Based on the nature of the sector, I’d guess that the number is actually quite a bit higher.
- Drop the Bomb: Defense Tech’s 20 Biggest Posts of 2006
Obviously a bunch of good ones in there. Two posts by Murdoc made the list. Cool.
- 172nd SBCT Legacy to Live on as Unit ‘Reflags’
The 172nd, just back from a 16-month deployment to Iraq, no longer exists.