Once again, the spammers are on Murdoc’s case. I think I’ve got everything cleared out, and please let me know if I’ve accidentally junked your legitimate comment. I’ve done that more than once while digging through hundreds and hundreds of spams.
Also, I’ve added a small text-based CAPTCHA-type thing at the bottom of the comments entry screen. This is the least-intrusive way I can find to deal with the current problem. No one (including me) really wants to go to authentication, and I’m less than impressed by most CAPTCHA systems. This is part of my current anti-spam software, so I enabled it and it worked. So there it is. I will probably be manually rotating the “word” from time to time, so keep an eye on it. Or I may even disable it if things allow.
Anyway, comment away.