The latest attacks brings the total number of “piracy-related incidents” in the Gulf of Aden and off the Somali coast to 93.
This has long been a troubling issue and I’ve noted it before. Perhaps the latest spotlight due to the seizing of the ship with T-72 tanks will get some nations to ratchet up the pressure a bit.
Also see these at Eagle1, who watches high seas piracy like an, um, Eagle:
- Ralph Peters does Somali pirates
- Pirates hold record number of hostages
- Pirates go Zero for Four, but keep trying
- “No force” (Maybe) Says Russia in Ukraine tank ship matter
- “Piracy That Calls for the Navy’s Power”
- Insurgents want weapons from captured ship