Note: This is just a quick tech tip that I’m posting so others searching for help can possibly benefit.
I’m in the middle of re-installing Windows XP on my main PC and when I tried to install the drivers for my Hewlet Packard HP LaserJet P2015d, I got the following error:
Executable ‘E:\P2015eGSG.exe’ had the following unrecoverable error: Couldn’t find library MSVCR80.dll(required by C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~\OFFICE12\MSOXMLMF.DLL) Please ensure that it is installed.
Searching the web got me all sorts of suggestions, from moving files between directories in system folders to changing file settings and attributes to downloading and installing various packages from Microsoft or elsewhere.
What I did that ended up working just fine was this:
- Boot PC with printer turned off (or disconnected)
- Insert driver CD and exit install routine if it starts
- Connect printer and turn it on
- Give Windows a minute to “find” the printer
- When it asks, have it automatically install the software
That worked like a charm for me. Good luck.