Gas Prices Map

Haven’t posted a national gas price map for quite a while, so here’s a snapshot from last night:

Gas Prices by County

Gas Prices by County

From GasBuddy.com.

Murdoc’s on the road later this week, but it looks like he’s going to hit a lot of green along the way.

Comments

• jaymaster says:

I just had my first > $50 fill up in ages this morning. That’s always a mental marker point for me.

It was $2.75 for 87 oct, which fits right in with this map.

• Jusuchin (Military Otaku) says:

I’m still running at >$36 here. Glad to know Virginia is still in the green.

• fj44dash1 says:

One of the things I like about OK. Its still 2.49

• Phelps says:

You know why all the lines between colors make distinct borders on the state lines?

Taxes.

• Phelps says:

The one strip of red on the Nevada side with California is funny to me, though. I’m 90% sure that the bump from yellow to red is all profit for stations pricing 2-4 cents lower than the CA stations, and pocketing the difference in taxes.

• Nadnerbus says:

Ah California. Raping my wallet a little more each day. But at least I get all these wonderful government services for the expense. Like roads that are still a minority of potholes by volume. And bridges that I have to pay four bucks to cross even though they have been paid off for sixty years. And ten percent tax on everything I buy that isn’t food.

I’ve seen liberals snark at conservatives in this state for being cheap and always getting in the way of raising taxes. We have the sixth or eighth highest tax burden in the country, and one of the most steeply progressive income taxes. It will never be enough.

When are we getting our high speed rail to LA? I can’t wait for that project in excellence.

• Harley D says:

AH $2.59 here in Missouri, but a lot of that has to do with all the traffic we get from Illinois.

• Vstress says:

You think your gas prices suck…

Having done a quick calculation… I worked out I payed $6.85 for my diesel.

I live in the UK though.

• Gas Prices says:

[...] don’t think I’ve posted one since January of 2010, but Murdoc is shocked again by the fact that most of the high-price states today were the [...]

• B Smeaton says:

If ONLY gas prices were still around the highest levels shown on this map! I can remember when it cost less than two buckjs to fill my car — does that show my age?